Description

...

Table Talk

Posted on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Today we're taking tables! I decided for linens I wanted simple white tablecloths, with a burlap runner. I knew there would be colorful flowers in aqua jars on each table as well, and the wood burned table numbers that Christy made! Otherwise- I kept it simple. We put several candles on each table (cream and green, in mini mason jars), and each had a mason jar full of special wedding cake pops, made by my mother's friend. The florist also added some extra buds and flowers here and there. I designed the menus and placed two at each table. To provide additional marking for the tables, I put a stamped label on wine bottles (stamps from Michael's, labels from Office Depot), with the table number on it (and nifty lace tape lining the bottom of the bottles- from Etsy). I also put these "Eat Drink and be Merry" postcards from the Calm Gallery on each table (I guess that was the unofficial theme of the night!).

In the basement of the farm we found these great chalkboard panels that we used to write table assignments on. I wrote labels for each guest and they were tied around a mason jar, and we arranged the jars by table number to make it easier for guests to find during cocktail hour. I also ordered lots of fun straws (from Etsy), because what's a mason jar without a fun straw? ;) To decorate the table I scattered about some doilies that I spray painted with gold or silver glitter. Cocktail hour was held in the basement and outside (where there was cornhole and an ice cream truck that came rolling up- more on that later!), which worked well as the reception was held upstairs and the night flowed pretty naturally.
dot strands and postcard stands from BHLDN

Here's a look at the reception tables!

This was our sweetheart table. I didn't particularly want to be separated from the rest of the guests, but with the number of bridesmaids and groomsmen we had, the numbers fit really well for having eight to a table, so that's really the only reason I decided on the sweetheart table. I decorated it with some extra leftover touches from decorating- some vases, glittery flags, and a lovely burlap banner that I thought would fill the table space well. We liked it just spread across the table as opposed to pinning it up somewhere.
all photos by Jana Scott Photography

Many more fun details to come! :)

- Mrs. M

3 comments:

  1. I love those gold dot strings - what are they? they look very glam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decor! The table numbers were awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reliving your wedding. What an absolute blast :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger