Description

...

Wednesday Wedding: Invitations

Posted on: Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I wasn't sure what to do for WW this week, but since invites have become my main priority for the last week, I thought why not write about what I know and what I've been working on.
I found my invitations months ago, as I got my Save the Dates to match, and those were sent out in October. I wanted my invitations to be fairly simple, formal, and still fun. I am pretty particular about how such things look, what fonts are used and colors, and Wedding Paper Divas have made the process quite simple and customizable (though they couldn't quite make my first plan happen, unfortunately). Since we're not actually getting married, and we already have the same last name, I had to alter the text from what you would typically see on an invitation. It would look kind of weird to see "Sarah McPherson and Kyle McPherson invite you to blah blah etc..." At least I think so. I finally ordered the invitations yesterday; they will make them according to changes I've requested (like colors), and email the proofs to me to check over before they print out 90 copies and mail them to me.


Our Save the Date, on our fridge, you know, so we don't forget when it is.

and some screen shots from WPD





It's not a big secret what my invites/save the dates look like, so I don't mind sharing some photos, and there are some changes I've made. I've personalized and ordered the invitations, response cards, and information cards. We will just need to include a little slip with information our registry, which we have yet to create. The invites will go out mid-March, if all goes as planned!

Anyway, that's my invitation experience, pretty painless so far! *knock on wood* I will probably do another post on the invitations once they are all mailed out and I start to get RSVP cards back :)

I also just found this awesomely simple idea for some decor. I was planning on having striped straws at the wedding anyway (see the invite?), and this garland would be so simple to make. I found it via Studio DIY. Hooray crafts!

1 comments:

  1. Looks great :) I am engaged but I am putting off planning my wedding... I get stressed just thinking about it!
    xo Em
    http://www.hungrydelights.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger