Description

...

Taste of Austria

Posted on: Sunday, July 24, 2011

For dinner on my birthday, my brother John, who recently returned home from a Rotary exchange year in Austria, cooked up an Austrian meal for us! It was very tasty and nice to have something different for a change. I had been sad missing Kyle for most of the day and this cheered me up quite a bit.
meat-flour-eggs-breadcrumbs-pan
he didn't need to use this cookbook, but I looked through it and pretended I knew German
potato salad - erdäpfel salat
erdäpfel salat & wienerschnitzel
for dessert - kaiserschmarrn, kind of like a ripped up pancake that tastes like a waffle, with raisins

sprinkle with powdered sugar
 Nana Rose's jam on the side

On an unrelated note, while the death of any one person is sad, I just hope as many people are aware of and saddened by the shooting and bombing in Norway. I've not been to Norway, but having lived in Finland and traveled through a couple other Nordic countries I can understand how big a shock and tragedy this must be for them. Scandinavia is the most beautiful and happy place I've ever been and I hope for the best for Norway in the aftermath of these attacks. 

- From the desk of Mrs. Sarah McPherson

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger