Description

...

A Quick Response to Recent Events

Posted on: Monday, May 2, 2011

I don't mind people wanting to celebrate. It seems like people are split between those celebrating and those looking down on those celebrating. The MLK quote about hate and love doesn't quite make sense to me in this situation. People are rejoicing in the death of one person while showing love for country. Doesn't hate often stem out of love? Don't we all hate something because we love another thing even more? I think it's often hard to see a difference between passion in either direction, and I don't know what each chanting or quietly thankful individual was feeling and thinking; I certainly can't judge their reactions. There is a lot that remains to be seen, and I'm more interested in how this plays out in the months and years to come.

That's all!

- From the desk of Mrs. Sarah McPherson

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

from the desk All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger